[MPlayer-cygwin] Cygwin port won't play on other PC

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Jul 27 03:11:34 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:51:58AM -0500, Chhaya, Harshal wrote:
> Interestingly, using a different location for mplayer solves the
> problem. For eg. I installed the player in c:\tmp\mplayer and
> c:\userdata\hchhaya\mplayer and wasn't able to use it (it always
> died right after displaying the splash screen (this is Joey's port)
> and created the mplayer.exe.stackdump file).
> But when I installed it in c:\tmp, it worked fine.

Do you mean that you had two concurrent versions of my package
installed, and one or both of them died?  Can you explain again from the
beginning and give the complete story?  I think that if this is a
problem with my packages, I would like to find and fix it ASAP.  I'm
planning a new release soon.

--Joey

--
"There's no blood in your brain?  You're one of the lucky ones." --Chad