[MPlayer-cygwin] Cygwin port won't play on other PC

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Mon Jul 26 16:51:58 CEST 2004

> Problems with multiple cygwin1.dll in the path? (mismatching
> dll version found in e.g. Windows will make mplayer fail at startup)
>
> Stefan

Stefan,

That was a good suggestion but doesn't seem to be the case. The two
copies of cygwin1.dll on the PC were identical (both were from the
mplayer installer since I was trying to install it in different
directories).

Interestingly, using a different location for mplayer solves the
problem. For eg. I installed the player in c:\tmp\mplayer and
c:\userdata\hchhaya\mplayer and wasn't able to use it (it always
died right after displaying the splash screen (this is Joey's port)
and created the mplayer.exe.stackdump file).
But when I installed it in c:\tmp, it worked fine.

As long as it worked, I was fine and so didn't bother to investigate
further.

I will try to build a cygwin version from the latest source this
week and see if I can repeat this behaviour.

Thanks again for your help,
- Harshal