[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Dual-monitors?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 03:20:51 CEST 2004

>Just for some info on how another user does it... namely me.
>
>I have an older ATI Radeon 7000 4xAGP card that can have up to 4 heads at one time:
>2 SVA, 1 composite, 1 SVideo.
>In my Win2K enviro, all I have to do is set the head I want to be the 'primary' >head and then fire up MPlayer and then hit 'f' to enter fullscreen, and it always >Just Works(tm).  I would assume your card has a similar function, unless you're >using multiple cards?  Even then, you should be able to set the card you want as >primary, and then start up your movie.

>/S. Smith

this is how i do it as well, i've an ati aiw radeon 7500ve pci with win2k, but i was hoping to have a normal desktop on my monitor while i watch movies on my
tv (composite out). but i havent figured how to get multiple screens (only a
stretched screen which makes mplayer play fullscreen movies very oddly.)

currently it plays fullscreen on the tv, but the monitor is black screen ;\

or even a way to switch my composite on, switch it as primary display, and
switch it off again with some simple thing ;p (tv-out seems to inhibit my tv-in
abilities)