[MPlayer-cygwin] Dual-monitors?

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Jul 1 21:32:45 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rune" <runner at mail.tele.dk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:05:30 +0200
To: "Win32/CygWin porting" <mplayer-cygwin at mplayerhq.hu>
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-cygwin] Dual-monitors?

> > >What do you meen by "but it doesn't like it"?
> > >
> > >Send me the output and i'll take a look at it
> > >
> > >Rune Petersen
> > >

> > I mean that I'm probably not using it right, just guessing, so it's not
> > working.  Here's how I enter it in the commmand prompt:
> >
> > mplayer.exe video.avi -vm -adapter 2
> >
> > And the last line before it quits is:
> >
> > Unknown option on the command line: adapter
> >
> > -Matt
>
> Are you using the latest version of mplayer?
> or at least on from after April 1.
>
> it was included just before april 1.
>

> Rune Petersen

Just for some info on how another user does it... namely me.

I have an older ATI Radeon 7000 4xAGP card that can have up to 4 heads at one time:
2 SVA, 1 composite, 1 SVideo.
In my Win2K enviro, all I have to do is set the head I want to be the 'primary' head and then fire up MPlayer and then hit 'f' to enter fullscreen, and it always Just Works(tm).  I would assume your card has a similar function, unless you're using multiple cards?  Even then, you should be able to set the card you want as primary, and then start up your movie.

Just my working scenario, your mileage may vary. Sorry for bad formatting of emails, still using a web-based provider.

/S. Smith