[MPlayer-cygwin] Help! New user, no picture...

Antony Baxter antony_baxter at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 23:10:57 CEST 2004

Hello,

I hope this isn't off topic in this list... if so
please can someone tell me where I should post
questions like this? Thanks!

I've just installed the latest version of mplayer
available from
ftp://ftp1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/ .
I am able to play movies in full screen mode, but when
I try and run in windowed mode, I just get a black
window with no movie - sound still plays fine. I *am*
able to get a proper movie if I disable my hardware
acceleration using dxdiag.exe ; however using -vo
directx:noaccel doesn't work. I am also able to get a
picture (no frame around it though) using -vo gl2.

I'm running Windows XP and have a Radeon 9800 Pro
128Mb graphics card. I have just installed DirectX
9.0c (to play Doom :)

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony.