[MPlayer-cygwin] Help! New user, no picture...

Chris Taylor chris at equate.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 17 02:11:58 CEST 2004

On Mon, August 16, 2004 10:10 pm, Antony Baxter said:
> Hello,
>

> I hope this isn't off topic in this list... if so please can someone tell
> me where I should post questions like this? Thanks!

No, this is definitely on-topic.

> I've just installed the latest version of mplayer available from
> ftp://ftp1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/ . I am able to play
> movies in full screen mode, but when I try and run in windowed mode, I
> just get a black window with no movie - sound still plays fine. I *am*
> able to get a proper movie if I disable my hardware acceleration using
> dxdiag.exe ; however using -vo directx:noaccel doesn't work. I am also
> able to get a picture (no frame around it though) using -vo gl2.
>
> I'm running Windows XP and have a Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mb graphics card. I
> have just installed DirectX 9.0c (to play Doom :)

This may be the culprit, or may not be.. Are you by any chance also running sp2?
Try a different version of the catalysts.. I recommend the omega drivers, available at www.omegadrivers.net . Other than that, check your overlay settings. It's a strong possability that overlay is disabled for some reason..

--
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary, and those that do not.