[MPlayer-cygwin] sound doesnt work for .rm files

Chris Taylor chris at equate.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 17 02:06:57 CEST 2004

On Mon, August 16, 2004 8:53 pm, ajoy nambiar said:
> hi i am using win32 -beta but there is sound. thanks in advance
>

>  Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
> opening win32 dll 'cook.so.6.0' Error loading dll
> ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook.so.6.0.
> Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
> ADecoder preinit failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
> opening win32 dll 'cook3260.dll' Error loading dll
> ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook3260.dll.
> Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
> ADecoder preinit failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
> opening win32 dll 'cook.shlb' Error loading dll
> ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook.shlb.
> Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
> ADecoder preinit failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6B6F6F63.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

Here is your problem. You don't have the realaudio codecs installed.
Quite where you'd put them for the mingw port I'm not entirely sure.. You could try having them somewhere that's in your system path though, or see if there is a codecs subdir of the mplayer dir.
One of many reasons why I prefer cygwin ;)
The codecs are in the win32 codec pack on mplayerhq.hu, and do work in windows under cygwin now. (RM, QT, and such). Another option might be to download and install real alternative. Go to www.fileforum.com and search there for it.

Chris

--
Everything might be different in the present if only one thing had been different in the past.