[MPlayer-cygwin] Compilation options and tips

christophe.perinaud@free.fr free at prozaque.mine.nu
Fri Aug 22 17:24:56 CEST 2003

> ;)  To get OSD just put some fonts into your datadir.

Yes that is working. Wonderfull :)

> More than last time, but not really enough yet.  Did you read
> DOCS/en/bugreports.html?  It explains what information is necessary
> for us to help you resolve your problems.
>
> Most answers to your questions should be hidden in the documentation
> somewhere, although you may have to extrapolate a bit to apply it to
> MinGW (that's the price for using a port that is still under heavy
> development).  I would be glad to hear about inaccuracies related to
> this port, though.  If you find any or have further questions, just
> let me know.
>
> Hope this helps

It did a lot.

Now i have mplayer compiled. I installed the libavcodec that i did not have before ;) The OSD is displaying good.

I had a look for the --enable-menu option. Now it is working, pressing the 'm' key is displaying the OSD menu, the console is launching but not running commands. I have to better look for that.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Chris.newbie.not.RTFM ;)