[MPlayer-cygwin] Getting DVD playback to work..

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Mon Aug 18 19:57:57 CEST 2003

The source is jigerred.

In some places it expects -dvd-device \\.\d
and in some places it wishes it had been given: -dvd-device d:
and then re-writes this internally to \\.\d

Because of this you cannot get it right, as the program gets it wrong
for you.

I reported this a few months ago; however when I fixed that I still
could't get it to play encrypted dvd's on my system although
video-lan-client can.

I'm using an older create labs DVD player.

Sam