[MPlayer-cygwin] Getting DVD playback to work..

Emmanuel Crouvisier twingles at twingles.com
Mon Aug 18 11:42:56 CEST 2003

Hi there,

	I've been unable to use any of the newer version of MPlayer, as I
can't get DVD playback to work when running in Windows w/cygwin because of
the following error:

Playing dvd://1
Reading disc structure, please wait...
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
Can't open VMG info!

	I've searched google and the mailing list, and was only able to
come up with a recommended change to dvd_reader.c, which didn't help at
all..

	However, I recently downloaded Joe (?)'s neat little Windows
installer version of MPlayer, and noticed that DVD playback DOES work on
that modified CVS build!

	Has there been a solution posted that I can't find to this
problem? RC4 used to compile basically out of the box for me, but never
such luck with RC5, 0.91, or the current CVS snapshot..

Thanks a lot!

- Emmanuel