[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: builds but thinks avi file has errors

Roger Levy rhlevy at lucent.com
Tue Dec 17 21:09:20 CET 2002

Diego,
I think you've consistently missed a point that I've made several times -
mplayer is reporting stream errors in its command window output.  Therefore the
problem is before the display stage.  I have used -vo directx:noaccel and there
has been no difference.  I have built under Windows 98 which you said is
Sascha's development platform and there has been no difference.  Also, as much
as I would like to see Sascha have Windows 2000, if the identical problem exists
in Windows 98, then it is not a Windows 2000 specific problem and a contribution
would not help.  Note that the same stream plays perfectly on mplayer that I
built under Linux.  See earlier mail in this thread for the stream errors that
mplayer reports.

BTW, I am forbidden from buying Windows 2000 because Lucent has a site license
for it so any individual purchases are blocked.  That puts me in the same
position as you or Sascha - we could buy it out of our own pocket.
Unfortunately, college bills of more than $36,000/year keep me at the verge of
starvation so I can't do it.

Finally, I don't understand the point about a PCI video card.  Are you saying
Sascha doesn't have one or I should get one?  I have used systems with both PCI
and AGP video and I still get the same bad results.

Roger Levy