[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: builds but thinks avi file has errors

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Dec 17 20:26:28 CET 2002

Roger H. Levy writes:
 > I corrected some procedural problems I had in building mplayer, i.e. I
 > have my DX includes in the right place and am using cygwin_inttypes.h
 > renamed to inttypes.h.  However, the results have not changed since my
 > first CygWin build - the player I build under either Win2000 or Win98
 > can not properly play a file that I encoded on RedHat Linux and which
 > plays perfectly on that machine.  Mplayer indicates lots of stream
 > errors and the picture tears whereas everything is perfect in Linux.

-vo directx:noaccel should help you, btw are you using SDL or directx?
SDL might be an alternative you might want to try, -vo sdl.

Otherwise upload those files and hope that Sascha Sommer bothers to
have a look at them.

 > Are there any pre-built versions of the player for CygWin?

No.

 > My boss wants to see something.

You will have to tell him that he will either have to support Cygwin
development or live with the current state of affairs.  The Cygwin
port is like that at the moment.  It seems to work OK for some people,
for others (like me) it does not.  For those that have enough
programming skills to improve the situation it apparently works ok and
they have no great motivation to further work on the port..

Sorry I say that again but since you stress again just how important
this is to your boss..  Shelling out less than 200$ should not hurt
him then or go for that PCI VGA card - should not cost more than 30-40
bucks.

Other than that I have no more advice for you, sorry.

Diego