[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: builds but thinks avi file has errors

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Dec 17 21:36:39 CET 2002

> Diego,
> I think you've consistently missed a point that I've made several times -
> mplayer is reporting stream errors in its command window output.
Therefore the
> problem is before the display stage.  I have used -vo directx:noaccel and
there
> has been no difference.  I have built under Windows 98 which you said is
Can you try to put off all optimizations expect mmx. Be sure that there are
no
#define HAVE_3DNOW 1
#define HAVE_3DNOWEX 1
#define HAVE_MMX2 1
#define HAVE_SSE 1
#define HAVE_SSE2 1
in config.h. If there are
change them to #undef HAVE_SSE2 etc.
Arpi had the same problems on a p3 with an executable which worked for me on
pentium2. I only
had problems seeking in videos with ac3 audio

> Finally, I don't understand the point about a PCI video card.  Are you
saying
> Sascha doesn't have one or I should get one?  I have used systems with
both PCI
> and AGP video and I still get the same bad results.
He wants to see you donating something to me :)
No, really I'm willing  to fix this without donation, but I can't reproduce
and hacking svq3 was more fun.
Anyway if the problem goes away with this #undefs, fixing cygwin might be
more usefull

S. Sommer