[MEncoder-users] MEncoder skips duplicate frames even with -vf harddup and -noskip

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Dec 3 12:51:15 CET 2012

Gabi S <gliynn <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have an MP4 file which has many duplicate frames. I would
> like to encode it without skipping those frames, in order to
> preserve the complete audio track (because I ultimately want
> to extract the audio, and it ends too early whenever I try
> to encode it).

While I do not understand above (does the mp4 contain duplicate
frames, or MEncoder duplicates frames when re-encoding? Do you
actually want to re-encode or do you want to extract audio? If
you want to extract audio, why do you re-encode?), I suspect
ffmpeg should be able to both extract audio and re-encode your
input file.

Note that MEncoder is not an actively maintained application
for several years, FFmpeg is.

Carl Eugen