[MEncoder-users] MEncoder skips duplicate frames even with -vf harddup and -noskip

Gabi S gliynn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:50:51 CET 2012

Hello.

I have an MP4 file which has many duplicate frames. I would like to encode
it without skipping those frames, in order to preserve the complete audio
track (because I ultimately want to extract the audio, and it ends too
early whenever I try to encode it). I have tried using  -vf harddup and
-noskip, but MEncoder still drops the duplicate frames, creating a 1:22
minute file (or even 1:15) when the original was 2:30. Is there any way to
fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Note: here are some of the things I have tried.

1. mencoder in.mp4 -of rawaudio -oac mp3lame -ovc copy -mc 0 -noskip -o
out.mp3
2. mencoder -vf harddup -mc 0 -noskip -ovc copy  -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:br=128  in.mp4 -o out.avi
3. mencoder  -vf harddup -noskip   -ffourcc XVID -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=700:bvhq=1 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 in.mp4 -o out.avi
4. mencoder in.mp4 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -srate 44100 -af
resample=44100:0:1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell:vbitrate=600:threads=2 -vf harddup -noskip
-ffourcc XVID -o out.avi