[MEncoder-users] H.264 Errors on Hauppauge HD PVR .ts File

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 21:48:02 CET 2011

On 1/6/2011 1:13 PM, Rolf Ernst wrote:
> Wow - you are cutting ads? What do you use? I found it exceedingly
> different to cut ads without losing a/v sync when doing that before
> reencoding (although I finally found a tool).
VideoReDo w/ H.264 support. I use a friend's registration info; not sure
I'd buy it.
> After reencoding you get a completely new file structure with newly
> placed time codes. I am not sure you that would relate to the demuxer
> but, hey, everything is worth a try.
You get a new file structure and time codes after remuxing (if you use
different settings or a different tool obivously) too. I mentioned it
because sometimes the time codes are off or the container is broken in
some way and tsMuxeR will produce very stable MPEG-TS contatiners. Also,
the "Add picture timing info" and "Continually insert SPS/PPS" options
can completely eliminate sync issues in AVC streams regardless of the
container they're put in later on (in fact, I always run my finished
x264 streams through tsMuxeR with this before putting them in MP4
containers with MP4Box).