[MEncoder-users] H.264 Errors on Hauppauge HD PVR .ts File

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Fri Jan 7 21:53:26 CET 2011

But, hey, everything is worth a try.
> You get a new file structure and time codes after remuxing (if you use
> different settings or a different tool obivously) too. I mentioned it
> because sometimes the time codes are off or the container is broken in
> some way and tsMuxeR will produce very stable MPEG-TS contatiners. Also,
> the "Add picture timing info" and "Continually insert SPS/PPS" options
> can completely eliminate sync issues in AVC streams regardless of the
> container they're put in later on (in fact, I always run my finished
> x264 streams through tsMuxeR with this before putting them in MP4
> containers with MP4Box).
Yes, I had started looking at it, too. I only played with it for a bit
but found that the sync results were very much dependent on the various
stream settings and since I don't have an explicit need for it did not
pursue it. Plus I thought the price tag was about twice as much as I
wanted to spend...

I don't use the MPEG4 container due to lack of support for subtitles,
chapters, etc and the increased overhead in MKV and lack of support for
VFR but I see many people are still using it...

--
/re

"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea"

Tommy Douglass