[MEncoder-users] H.264 Errors on Hauppauge HD PVR .ts File

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Thu Jan 6 20:13:36 CET 2011

On 1/6/2011 11:55 AM, Andrew Berg wrote:
> On 1/6/2011 11:19 AM, Nicholas Oleksinski wrote:
>> The above command line appears to process the file without error, but my
>> guess is that the video is playing at half speed compared to the audio.
>> The file is (I think) 480p with ac3.  Playing the output avi, VLC displays a
>> message that it needs repair.
> Try adding -demuxer lavf and getting rid of -mc 0. I've always had
> problems without -demuxer lavf and 99% of the time, -mc 0 does more harm
> than good. Also, it may help to remux with tsMuxeR after cutting out ads
> and before reencoding it

Wow - you are cutting ads? What do you use? I found it exceedingly
different to cut ads without losing a/v sync when doing that before
reencoding (although I finally found a tool).

After reencoding you get a completely new file structure with newly
placed time codes. I am not sure you that would relate to the demuxer
but, hey, everything is worth a try.

As for the output avi and VLC's error message - multiplex the thing into
matroska from the avi (you can just feed the whole avi into the
multiplexer without additional parameters) and play that (or output into
matroska to start with using the mencoder matroska multiplexer).

--
/re

"There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy." — Jim Butcher