[MEncoder-users] Progressive DVD duplicate frame , skipping frame error

Scott W. Larson scowl at wballphotos.com
Thu Dec 8 19:16:31 CET 2011

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 09:54:33 -0800, Jason Cumiskey
<jason.cumiskey at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Try -noskip and possibly -mc 0 with -ofps 24000/1001. If the input
> and > output are both purely 24000/1001 then no frame should ever be
> skipped > or duplicated.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.  -noskip had no effect but -mc 0 stopped
> the skipped frames.

Are you saying that it continued to print that it was skipping frames
even with the -noskip option? Do we need the -mc 0 option for it to
actually not skip frames.

One other thing to try which probably won't make a difference is to
force the mpeg12 decoder with -vc mpeg12 if that's not the decoder that
mencoder is using. x264 encoding uses ffmeg's decoder which may work
differently (better or worse) than the mpeg12 decoder. At least you'll
get a reassuring "switching frame rate" message that will show that the
input is indeed 24000/1001 progressive. If you don't get this message,
then that might explain some problems you're having.