[MEncoder-users] encoding to mpg

Olive not0read0765 at yopmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:40:31 CEST 2010

> You will always need to specify a sample/bit rate and resolution that
> the TV will support
> playback of. There is not a single "one stop shop" command line to
> convert your videos
> and depending on the source video format you likely wont keep all the
> characteristics of
> the source video as you want.
>
> If you tell us the make and model of TV we may be able to tell you
> what it might support
> and give an example command line.

Thank you for your answer.

My TV is a "Lenco TV-1510" but I have not been able to find what it
accepts. I am a little confused why there is no possibility to keep the
characteristic of the original video. I had believed that there was
some standard codec that all TV are likely to accept (am I wrong on
this point?). As for the sample/bit rate is it not reasonable to assume
that the TV will accept everything compatible with the codec?

Olive