[MEncoder-users] ATSC closed captioning

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Dec 7 00:25:55 CET 2010

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > I have tested several DVD's (Mad Men First Season) and they all played well
> > with current svn, I uploaded subccItalic.mpg into incoming to show the only
> > problem I found: Italic does not work and "eats" one space.
> >
> > Should I also open a feature request for FFmpeg?
>
> Requesting what?
> If you mean CC support: Sure would be interesting, however at least the ATSC
> variant does not fit anywhere

I was (only) thinking about the DVD variant: The first DVD I ever saw with CC
(Dune) only has CC subtitles (Mad Men has both CC and "regular" subtitles), and
I thought they are just text embedded in the mpeg stream, or am I completely
wrong?

And as said, except for Italic, they work fine with MPlayer, so the necessary
information should be there.

Carl Eugen