[MEncoder-users] h.264 stream read with too high frame rate?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Oct 4 01:59:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to play or reencode an h/264 stream sample, saved straight
from DVB (BBC HD). It has PAFF (an earlier mplayer reported "PAFF not
supported").

The video is about two times slower than the sound. In mplayer I
attributed this to not enough CPU power. However, the same happens in
the resulting file after a non-realtime encoding with mencoder.

After reading up on PPAF, I suspect mplayer/mencoder is reading fields
as frames.

Is there a way to fix this? Ideally, just drop one of the fields when
they are encoded separately, as I am scaling down to a lower size
anyway.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik