[MEncoder-users] mencoder size and aspect ratios for H.264 video

Owen Williams williams at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Oct 5 10:48:58 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 09:59 +0200, Etienne Buira wrote:
> > mplayer video.x264 tells me:
> > "Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> > VO: [xv] 624x352 => 626x352 Planar YV12"
> >

> > Thanks,
>
> So, I assume the question is you want to know how to make a mkv with
> all
> informations in it to play with correct AR.
>
> Just read man mkvmerge.

Or possibly more helpfully, try barking up this tree:

-of lavf -lavfopts format=matroska

as part of your mencoder line to output an mkv.  Combine this, your
video encode and audio encode in one command should help with audio
sync.

You might need  -fafmttag 0x55 (for mp3) and global_headers in there or
raw in -faacopts mpeg=4:br=128:object=2:raw for aac if mkv tools or
players get a bit whiny.

Owen.