[MEncoder-users] What is the fastest video codec/settings combo?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 12:55:01 CET 2009

I have some videos that are in sync as-is, but somehow become
out-of-sync when I convert them. This is a problem with the cutting
tools I have to deal with these special files, and I have no problems
with sync when dealing with other videos. I want to test some things,
but I have to convert at least 45 minutes of the video, and I want to do
it as quickly as possible with almost no consideration given to quality.
I only need to visually test sync, so big blocky or blurry blobs will
do. Which codec available in MEncoder is the fastest, what should I use
for its options, and are there any filters I can use to speed things up
other than scale (to decrease the resolution)?