[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 02:42:28 CEST 2008

I would be interested to hear if you have the same problems using
`undvd`. [1][2]

I'm using "--cont mp4" to get aac / h264 .mp4 files and "-c" does
automatic cropping. It's really easy to use and seems to do a pretty
good job.

Federico Pistono words, "without any doubt, I would not have chosen
avi, which is probably the worst container for audio and video that
ever existed in this planet" make me wonder if he released his
`ripdvd` in response to `undvd`, which until recently did only support
avi. I entered into discussion with undvd's author about this and he
overcame his dislike for proprietary platforms to support mp4s which I
believe to be standards-compliant.

I glanced at Federico's script but I can't use Matroska on my main
playback device (a PS3) here.

Anyway, I would be glad to hear if you have the same problems with
undvd (it looks like you might, because undvd does not seem to set
output fps) because I would like to pass fixes back to undvd's author.

Stroller.

[1] http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/index.php/2007/01/30/undvd-dvd-ripping-made-easy/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/undvd/