[MEncoder-users] Turning images into video

Clair Mills clairleemills at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:43:32 CEST 2008

I have created a Java program that converts a proprietary video format into a
bunch of PNGs, one for each frame. I've figured out how to use mencoder to
turn these into a "standard" video that anyone can play. I'm wondering if
there isn't a way to streamline this process. For example, is there some way
to have mencoder watch a directory and encode each PNG as it shows up instead
of needing to wait for all of them to be created, along with a text file with
the names of all the files? Or even better, is there some way to stream the
images directly from my application to mencoder?

Any hints would be appreciated!