[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Thu Oct 16 19:37:50 CEST 2008

On 10/16/08 11:29 AM, "Laine Lee" <llee at lonestar.utsa.edu> wrote:

> If you have any clues about how to solve it, please share them. Thanks
> again.

Never mind. I hacked line 55 of
mpeg4ip-1.5.0.1/player/lib/audio/portaudio/pa_host.h from "typedef unsigned
short uint32;" to  "typedef uint32;", and then it compiled and installed,
and appears to be working fine for "--cont mp4".

When I used autocropping on Iron Man, QuickTime Player played it back at 2:1
(704x352) instead of 2.35:1 for some reason, but VLC got it right. Another
mystery is that lately I've had to use /dev/rdisk1 instead of /dev/disk1 for
the undvd command line. That's very strange, because I saved my command
lines, and I was definitely not using "rdisk" when I first installed undvd.
The number changes routinely, but not the drive category. As a matter of
fact, I think I had to change what I tried initially from "rdisk" to "disk"
before I could make it work the first time. Thanks.

--
Laine Lee