[MEncoder-users] ass/ssa hardsub problem

nemmind1 nemmind1.85 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:19:44 CEST 2008

Hi all!

I'm very happy, because mplayer now can render ass formatted subtitle
using embedded fonts.
I would like to encode movies with ass hardsub, but it doesn't work. I
can only burn srt nonformatted subtitle.

I use the following command to hardsub ass. It use the movie's first
subtitle track, which is an ass subtitle

mencoder inputfilename -o outputfilename
   -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=libfaac:abitrate=48
   -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=120:threads=2
   -sid 0 -ass
   -vf ass,screenshot,expand=320:::::4/3,scale=320:240
   -ofps 15 -of lavf

It don't burn the subtitle.
If I leave the -ass option, burn subtitle without format it,

Please help me. I've searched on google for days, but I didn't found the answer.
I tried ass hardsub with avisynth filter, but the movie lost the
between the video and the audio stream
I use the "MPlayer-rtm-svn-27323" windows version, downloaded from sourceforge.

(sorry for my English :D)