[MEncoder-users] [SPAM DETECT] ass/ssa hardsub problem

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Fri Oct 10 23:30:11 CEST 2008

El Viernes, 10 de Octubre de 2008 15:19, nemmind1 escribió:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm very happy, because mplayer now can render ass formatted subtitle
> using embedded fonts.
> I would like to encode movies with ass hardsub, but it doesn't work. I
> can only burn srt nonformatted subtitle.
>
> I use the following command to hardsub ass. It use the movie's first
> subtitle track, which is an ass subtitle
>
> mencoder inputfilename -o outputfilename
>    -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=libfaac:abitrate=48
>    -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=120:threads=2
>    -sid 0 -ass
>    -vf ass,screenshot,expand=320:::::4/3,scale=320:240
>    -ofps 15 -of lavf
>
> It don't burn the subtitle.
> If I leave the -ass option, burn subtitle without format it,
>
> Please help me. I've searched on google for days, but I didn't found the
> answer. I tried ass hardsub with avisynth filter, but the movie lost the
> between the video and the audio stream

Unfortunately mencoder doesn't support -ass yet.

I'm using a patch that was sent some time ago to mplayer-dev-eng, and it works
fine for me:
http://smplayer.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smplayer/mplayer-builds/patches/ass_support_for_mencoder.patch

> I use the "MPlayer-rtm-svn-27323" windows version, downloaded from
> sourceforge.

If you use Windows, I compiled some old versions with that patch (for instance
svn r25315):
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=185512&package_id=254677

--
RVM