[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Mon Oct 6 07:22:24 CEST 2008

On 10/4/08 2:26 PM, "Martin Matusiak" <numerodix at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as Macs are concerned, I don't have one and I know next to
> nothing about the environment it comes with (does it have things like
> perl?). In general I do try to test the code fairly well, but in this
> case I don't have a way of doing it.

Yes, I think there's a good chance that perl would solve the particular
problem I'm having. I believe the "do" command that seems to have stumped my
shell is just a construct that tells the function to operate on every title
item in the list of title items supplied by the command line. There's no
reason why a perl version of this construct should fail. Please let me know
when it's available, then I can hopefully rule out other problems if they
occur. There are one or two ancillary programs that weren't available for my
system, but I think they were optional. I'll check again. Thanks.

--
Laine Lee