[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 06:04:20 CEST 2008

On 4 Oct 2008, at 20:26, Martin Matusiak wrote:
> As far as Macs are concerned, I don't have one and I know next to
> nothing about the environment it comes with (does it have things like
> perl?).

Yes, "of course" Perl is available. And Bash, too. So whilst there's a
big bit of me that goes "yikes! Mac compatibility", in fact problems
ought mostly to be solved already by the individual tools called by
the ripping script. As you know I use a Mac here at my desktop myself,
but I don't really have much interest in messing about on it - I run
`undvd` on my Linux server because that way a rip can run all night
without disturbing me (or being disturbed).

Stroller.