[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 08:29:12 CEST 2008

On 6 Oct 2008, at 06:22, Laine Lee wrote:

> On 10/4/08 2:26 PM, "Martin Matusiak" <numerodix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As far as Macs are concerned, I don't have one and I know next to
>> nothing about the environment it comes with (does it have things like
>> perl?). In general I do try to test the code fairly well, but in this
>> case I don't have a way of doing it.
>
> Yes, I think there's a good chance that perl would solve the
> particular
> problem I'm having. I believe the "do" command that seems to have
> stumped my
> shell is just a construct that tells the function to operate on
> every title
> item in the list of title items supplied by the command line.
> There's no
> reason why a perl version of this construct should fail.

There's no reason the Bash construct should fail, either.

undvd doesn't allow "your shell" to get stumped or not:

$ head -1 /usr/share/undvd/undvd
#!/bin/bash
$

This is on my Mac:

$ uname -a
Darwin funf.stroller.uk.eu.org 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Wed
Sep  3 11:31:44 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.7.58~1/RELEASE_PPC Power
Macintosh
$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.2.17(1)-release (powerpc-apple-darwin9.0)
$

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=211949

http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/index.php/2008/10/05/undvd-now-in-perl/