[MEncoder-users] Ripping dvd to mp4

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:18:08 CET 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:21:30 +0100
Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> wrote:

> But maybe in  the meantime mencoder has been enhanced with this
> functionality.

Did you ask 10+ years ago?  Otherwise: absolutely not.

> See the  other messages.

I've read them.  What am I supposed to be seeing?

> In practice: it tends to choke on various containers.

A moot point...  You have not been asking about remuxing random files
you find, directly with MP4Box.

> And I'd rather not use avi  files if you don't mind, especially when
> big.

Obviously if you'd "rather not" use the available options, the task
will be much more difficult to accomplish.

> > Seperate A/V streams doesn't inherently mean losing sync.
>
> In practice it does.

Still no.

> For example: if you rip part of a DVD, the audio and video will be
> skewed

Once again, moot.  You aren't asking about directly remuxing DVDs.