[MEncoder-users] Mencoder doesn't work when called from PHP

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 23:58:41 CET 2008

Hello,

On Jan 18, 2008 11:47 PM, Apple7777 <applepro7777 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > On Jan 18, 2008 11:12 PM, Apple7777 <applepro7777 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Anyone please?
> > >
> > > I've also tried to create shell script that runs mencoder and execute this
> > > script from PHP, but it still doesn't work. When I execute same shell script
> > > from shell, everything works fine.
> >
> > I think it has to the with the fact that mplayer prints some stuff on
> > the console and/or interacts with the console. Options like
> > -noconsoleinput and -really-quiet (minus the typos I may have
> > introduced in their name) should help.
> >
> > The archives of this list has more details about it. It's a recurrent question.
> >
> > Guillaume
>
> Thanks for answer.
>
> I've tried -really-quiet, but it still doesn't work. :( I've googled for
> -noconsoleinput option, but found nothing. I guess it's wrong name...

Woops. I didn't read your mail carefully. You're looking for a
solution with MEncoder, not MPlayer.

BTW, the correct name is -noconsolecontrols, but it's only for mplayer.

I'd suggest looking for all the options that control verbosity, it's
quite likely that the problem lies there.

> Also, when I search this group for PHP, I can't find same problem discussed. :(
> When you said about archive did you mean gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user group?

Yep, or google.
Guillaume
--
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte