[MEncoder-users] Mencoder quality settings ...

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda leo at lamalla.net
Fri Jan 4 23:00:45 CET 2008

A Divendres 04 Gener 2008, Phil Ehrens va escriure:
> Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > A Divendres 04 Gener 2008, Moritz Barsnick va escriure:
[....]

> What you need to decide is how compatible with existing players
> you want to be. If you want to reencode to a format that you
> can pop into a divx capable commercial dvd player, you will want
> to use lavc mpeg4 with the "-ffourcc DX50" option. If you are
> willing to be constrained to view your vids via computer,
> then you will probably want to check out that h264enc script,
> which looks very interesting.

I forget to do a comment here. I don't think that now, for many people that
can configure a computer,  it worsewhiles the option of an divx player. I
have thought about it and the best option is to have a multimedia computer.
You will "allways" be update and you will have less problems that with a
player.

regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692