[MEncoder-users] Flashvideo for YouTube using mencoder

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Feb 26 19:10:17 CET 2008

L'octidi 8 ventôse, an CCXVI, Phil Ehrens a écrit :
> Certainly, it could be 100% spatially accurate, but it will
> still be *temporally* inaccurate,

I insist: if there are two consecutive identical frames, then, unless the
codec stupidly decides to make the second one an I-frame, the second one has
exactly the same quality as the first one at the cost of exactly 0 bits.

>				    because there is no actual
> data representing the timeslice for that frame.

I am not quite sure what you mean here. There is no data for the frame, but
there is for the timeslice: either by the multiplexer format of by the
timestamp of the next frame, the decoding system knows there is a frame
without bits here.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George