[MEncoder-users] Flashvideo for YouTube using mencoder

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Feb 26 19:22:37 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 07:10:17PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> L'octidi 8 ventôse, an CCXVI, Phil Ehrens a écrit :
> > Certainly, it could be 100% spatially accurate, but it will
> > still be *temporally* inaccurate,
>
> I insist: if there are two consecutive identical frames, then, unless the
> codec stupidly decides to make the second one an I-frame, the second one has
> exactly the same quality as the first one at the cost of exactly 0 bits.
>
> >				    because there is no actual
> > data representing the timeslice for that frame.
>
> I am not quite sure what you mean here. There is no data for the frame, but
> there is for the timeslice: either by the multiplexer format of by the
> timestamp of the next frame, the decoding system knows there is a frame
> without bits here.

This guy is just an idiot who speaks with magical terms which he does
not understand. It's like the morons who think solid gold speaker
cables give their digital audio "more body" or "better color". They
can't be reasoned with because they talk with terms that have no
meaning; that's the case with "*temporally* inaccurate" here. I
suggest we just ban the moron from the list after the next idiotic
post of this type.

And to Phil: if you want to discuss, you must DEFINE any term you want
to use that otherwise seems nonsensical. But I think all you want to
do is troll and continue claiming you're right about a topic you
obviously know NOTHING about.

Rich