[MEncoder-users] Encode with -ass

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Sat Oct 20 02:20:10 CEST 2007

It seems that mencoder still doesn't support the option -ass, does it?

Searching in the lists, I've found this method to create a video with embedded
subtitles using -ass:

mkfifo stream.yuv | mplayer -ass -sub subtitle.ass -vo yuv4mpeg file.avi
and then
mencoder stream.yuv <options> -o fileout.avi

But, what happens with the audio? When I run those commands I can hear the
audio through the speakers, and the encoded video has no audio. I guess the
audio stream should also be redirected to the fifo, but how?

--
RVM