[MEncoder-users] Trying convert to .mov

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 07:23:35 CEST 2007

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 06:00:09 +0100
"Ross Clement" <rossclement at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noted that movies with small dimensions (say 500 x 300 px) don't
> have the problem, but larger ones (1024 x 768) do. This suggests to me
> that it's a bug somewhere in mencoder or associated libraries.

I've had no problem creating x264/faac/mp4 HD encodes entirely with
mencoder (b-frames need-not apply).

I've also had no problem creating x264/faac/mp4 Quicktime-compatible
encodes (though admitedly not at HD resolutions).

If there's a problem, either it's specific to your version of mencoder,
the options you're using, or perhaps Quicktime.

I don't think I can reveal the encoding options I used, but I
strongly recomend using -ovc x264 -oac faac rather than the lavc
equivalents you seem to be using.

(It would be helpful if Francois wouldn't continue to break
threading...)