[MEncoder-users] Trying convert to .mov

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 07:00:09 CEST 2007

I think I'm going to have to give up on using mencoder to author .mov files.

I've noted that movies with small dimensions (say 500 x 300 px) don't have
the problem, but larger ones (1024 x 768) do. This suggests to me that it's
a bug somewhere in mencoder or associated libraries.

Also, I followed the procedure for making .mov files from the mencoder
documentation, but ended up with a broken .mp4 file. Perhaps that's because
I (as others did) had to comment out a line in the source code to get
mp4creator to compile, but in any case, the procedure didn't work.

I'm now plumb out of options.