[MEncoder-users] How to avoid "a52: error at resampling" errors?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 19:09:04 CET 2007

When I use mencoder to backup DVDs to MPEG, I sometimes get this error:

a52: error at resampling

several dozen/hundred times for a given track, and the resulting MPEG
has spots of "static".

I realize this may mean the DVD's a little hard to play in that one spot.

Is there an mencoder option for "when you hit a resampling error, back
up and try again a few times before giving up-- don't give up
immediately". In other words, can I make mencoder more aggressive to
avoid resampling errors?