[MEncoder-users] Problems with jumping forward in a file encoded with Mencoder

Markus Harton support at digitaleden.de
Sat Nov 3 19:48:28 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm converting .mpg and .avi Video files to .FLV files using MEncoder
with the following command:

mencoder INPUT -ffourcc FLV1 -of lavf -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:acodec=mp3:abitrate=56 -srate 22050 -oac mp3lame -sub SUBFILE
-o OUTFILE

This works quite well but I got the following problem:

A jump forward in time is not possible even if the video loaded completely.
A jumpback in time is possible and a jump forward is also possible
afterwards (but only to the time position where the backjump started).

I tried converting the same file with a Windows Programm manually (Riva
FLV Encoder) and it works perfectly. If I try to watch it with my
Website Player (JW FLV Player), I can also
jump back in time if the video loaded completely.

Are there any command line changes I can try to solve my problem ?

Regards
Markus