[MEncoder-users] -mpegopts format

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon May 28 15:56:24 CEST 2007

Nicolas Hesler wrote:

>Would someone be able to give me the exact details/differences between
>-mpegopts format=mpeg2 and -mpegopts format=dvd.  (What are the presets
>set by each of these options and why might it cause the problem below??)

mpeg2 is a format without any stream-specific metadata: pretty useless.
format=dvd|xsvcd|xvcd specifies a format for dvd, svcd and vcd respectively

>When I create an mpeg-2 for DVD using format=mpeg2 with a soft telecine,
>Adobe Encore will accept as a soft telecine file, when I use
>format=dvd, it does not and tells me the file needs to be transcoded yet
>again.

then Encore is an idiot or buggy: the only differences between mpeg2 and dvd
are the presence of the fake nav packets before I-frames and a higher
muxrate;
nothing else

>Here is the command line I'm using to create my file. If anyone has any
>suggestions or can point out any problems/issues with the order or
>parameters included the command line, please pass them along,
>

>mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts
>format=mpeg2:tsaf:telecine -vf scale=720:480,harddup -srate 48000 -af
>lavcresample=48000:0:2 -lavcopts
>vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=8600:vbitrate=5000:keyint=12:vstrict=0:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=16/9
>-ofps 24000/1001 -o output.mpg input.mpg

it's perfectly fine, except that keyint should be 18 for NTSC, but it's
a marginal detail

 Sponsor:
 Pioneer112d 29,90€ - Dvd TDK da 0,299€ - Cdr Verbatim printable da 0,29€ - Stampa Foto da 0,06€ – Cdr Verbatim super azo da 0,216€ Questo e molto altro ancora lo trovi su atomicshop.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6577&d=28-5