[MEncoder-users] -mpegopts format

Nicolas Hesler nicolas.hesler at sheridanc.on.ca
Mon May 28 15:50:50 CEST 2007

Would someone be able to give me the exact details/differences between
-mpegopts format=mpeg2 and -mpegopts format=dvd.  (What are the presets
set by each of these options and why might it cause the problem below??)

When I create an mpeg-2 for DVD using format=mpeg2 with a soft telecine,
Adobe Encore will accept as a soft telecine file, when I use
format=dvd, it does not and tells me the file needs to be transcoded yet
again.

Here is the command line I'm using to create my file. If anyone has any
suggestions or can point out any problems/issues with the order or
parameters included the command line, please pass them along,

mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts
format=mpeg2:tsaf:telecine -vf scale=720:480,harddup -srate 48000 -af
lavcresample=48000:0:2 -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=8600:vbitrate=5000:keyint=12:vstrict=0:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=16/9
-ofps 24000/1001 -o output.mpg input.mpg

Thanks,

Nicolas