[MEncoder-users] Frame duplication issue

Lukas Österreicher lukas.oesterreicher at inode.at
Sat May 26 12:37:54 CEST 2007

>>Hello.

> you have just hijacked a thread. Don't do it

What do you mean with that? I'm not familiar with the term hijacking
in mailing-list terms.

>>I have a .ts (transport stream) file captured from
>>digital satellite containing h.264 video and ac3 audio.
>>
>>When processing I often get the message
>>"1 duplicate frame(s)!"
>>
>>I'm not sure what that means (maybe somebody can explain),
>>only what it results in.
>>
>>See the log in the attached file for detail.
>>It seems -noskip does not alter handling in any way.
>>
>>What I am doing (or trying to) is demuxing video
>>and audio streams and go on processing them based
>>on those.
>>(I use "mencoder souce.ts -of rawaudio -ovc copy -oac copy -o
>>audio.ac3" and "mencoder souce.ts -of rawvideo -ovc copy -oac copy -o
>>audio.264")

> with that mess why do you expect do get something useful?
> you should either remux with -ovc copy -o x.avi or, even better,
> use ffmpeg
With mess you mean the log output or my commands to make use
of the .ts? Obviously mencoder can make use of the .ts properly
when fully reencoding, just not totally when copying.
If you complain abut the .ts itself - its not my fault,
just captured from digital satellite.
I found the commands I used on the doom9 forum I think,
but I will try with yours, but I don't know how to use
ffmpeg for what I need.

Can you explain the meaning of "1 duplicate frame(s)!" anyway?