[MEncoder-users] ivtc using mencoder

Late Date latedate at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 04:59:30 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I hope that the following is an easy task for some of you experts out
there.  Can someone help me get mencoder to perform a reverse pulldown on an
mpeg2 transport stream?  The footage was taken from a Canon HV20 in 24P but
is stored using the HDV format (60i).  Here is the sample raw capture:

http://www.startsimple.com/hv20/24p000.m2t

I was hoping my NLE would be able to do this (Cinelerra), but it appears
that the Canon's mpeg stream is not properly flagged as Progressive (at
least, this is what current owners are claiming) which may be the reason for
the failed attempts.  I'm guessing that mencoder has the capabilities to
"force" an ivtc operation and save the day.  Any ideas?  I'm clueless when
it comes to mencoder.

Thanks!