[MEncoder-users] ivtc using mencoder

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:20:21 CEST 2007

On 3/27/07, Late Date <latedate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I hope that the following is an easy task for some of you experts out
> there.  Can someone help me get mencoder to perform a reverse pulldown on an
> mpeg2 transport stream?  The footage was taken from a Canon HV20 in 24P but
> is stored using the HDV format (60i).  Here is the sample raw capture:
>
> http://www.startsimple.com/hv20/24p000.m2t
The video itself is indeed stored interlaced, even though the camera
was shooting full frames. There are no 'repeat field' codes, so
mencoder/mplayer won't sync to them, and you need to use a filter.

I'd suggest -vf pullup and -ofps 24000/1001 on whatever you are trying
to do.  Thats somewhere to start, and ive verified that -vf pullup
does give you the proper 24fps non-interlaced result you seek.

Mike