[MEncoder-users] Near lossless quality for h264

GN microchip at chello.be
Wed Jul 18 17:26:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm willing to add a "near lossless quality" preset for h264 to one of my
shell scripts here but I'm not really sure which options I should use. The
encoding speed for this preset should be moderate (eg, not too slow if
possible) and the quality should be comparable to the original input source.
So far I came up with these options.... Suggestions/improvements are always
welcome ;)

bitrate="crf=18"
frameref=":frameref=1"
bframes=":bframes=2"
b_adapt=":b_adapt"
b_pyramid=":b_pyramid"
weight_b=":noweight_b"
bime=":nobime"
subq=":subq=3"
me=":me=dia"
direct_pred=":direct_pred=spatial"
partitions=":partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i8x8"
deblockparam=":deblock"
chroma_me=":nochroma_me"
trellis=":trellis=1"
cabac=":cabac"
a8x8dct=":no8x8dct"
fast_pskip=":fast_pskip"
dct_decimate=":nodct_decimate"
use_threads=":threads=auto"
advopts=":deadzone_inter=10:deadzone_intra=5"

Cheers