[MEncoder-users] A/V out of synchron

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:16:32 CET 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:44:05 +0000
"Ross Clement" <rossclement at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I've seen this problem discussed before, the conversation
> generally peters out without any solution being found. I personally
> believe that there is a bug in mencoder or in some of the
> codecs/libraries, but where and in which versions I'm unable to work
> out.

After encoding many tens if not hundreds of thousands of videos, and
putting together numerous commercial solutions for video encoding with
mencoder, I have yet to find a single video where a/v sync cannot be
maintained, using appropriate values for -mc, -ofps, and occasionally
-noskip and harddup.  It's quite common knowledge.

Personally, I'm just quite tired of repeating it over and over again,
to people who don't want to put the effort into searching the archives,
where these tips are offered 1,000Xs over.

As for the pointless threads with less than useful tips, this is an
open list, and there are plenty of beginners here, too.  Asking better
questions (usually: quite specific, and including all necessary info)
will generally get you better answers.