[MEncoder-users] A/V out of synchron

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:44:05 CET 2007

Tamás,

I've had a *lot* of problems with sound going out of sync with mencoder.
Generally for me it happens with large (as in large width and height) movies
rather than smaller ones. Usually when this question comes up there is a
recommendation to use harddup at the end of your filter chain, but you are
already doing this, and it didn't solve my problems.

When I've seen this problem discussed before, the conversation generally
peters out without any solution being found. I personally believe that there
is a bug in mencoder or in some of the codecs/libraries, but where and in
which versions I'm unable to work out. Given how often this question turns
up, I think that a solution (if one exists) should be posted in the tutorial
and FAQ.

Cheers,

Ross